Author Topic: Triumpf Stealth by John Guston  (Read 1293 times)

firko

Re: Triumpf Stealth by John Guston
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 10:59:38 AM »
Cool Triumph. How great would it be if Triumph actually produced a retro scrambler/enduro model based on the current Bonnie.
I can only reiterate everything that has been stated in the Stealth piece and other places. If you want your vintage bike to handle like no thirty year old bike was ever meant to, YSS are the go. How many suspension technology companies are as approachable as Walter and his crew. I waited 9 months to recieve some technical advice and a pair of spring retainers from Works Performance in California and then copped attitude when I needed further information, months later. Try and talk 'mano en mano' with someone at Ohlins or any other company and you'll pretty qiuckly realise where you rate on the food chain. This definitely isn't a paid ad but just a reminder that we are indeed lucky to have such an approachable manufacturer right here in our own backyard.

This post was prompted by a phonecall yesterday from a vintage punter seeking information on a local supplier for Gold Valve emulators. As much as I tried to point him in the direction of YSS, he just wouldn't listen. He'd read in some US mag that Gold Valves are the go and he wouldn't be swayed. The old 'ostrich with his head in the sand' syndrome is still alive and well. While I'm usually the first to praise the internet and eBay in particular for opening up the world market to our hobby, we'd be letting ourselves and a brilliant locally based firm down by not supporting them. Bottom line, Walter knows his shit.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Triumpf Stealth by John Guston
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 01:03:55 PM »
I have to second that. I've been working with Walter and Fernando to get YSS shocks and PD valves fitted to the trusty RM125, and they've been great to deal with. I hope to have it all fitted up and going for 08, and I will be reporting what I find and what the improvements are once I've raced the thing. I have used US components in the past and have found the level of service and support very average. As well, the US shocks on my TM are unbelieveably bad and I paid nearly $400 for them. As soon as I can come up with the dosh, there'll be some YSS on it too.